The research programme of GASPP encompasses the following broad topics:
- The implicit and explicit prescriptions for and impact upon national social policy of intergovernmental organisations such as the UN and Bretton Woods Institutions; international Non Governmental Organisations; international private actors such as TNCs and consultancy companies.
- The contribution of supranational organisations, international NGOs and other global actors to the global discourse on social policy.
- The role of global public-private partnerships in global health policy.
- The development of systems of transnational social redistribution, social regulation and social provision and empowerment.
- The methods and concepts used by development agencies to assess the social policy of countries and to shape their interventions.
- The role of international organisations and transnational social movements in shaping global social and health rights.